Thursday, August 16, 2007

- "I'm not quite dead yet..."

These days I feel like I’m in an old “Buster Keaton” Movie, where the house is about to fall down on our hero, but miraculously, he’s standing in just the right spot to go through the open window so he walks away without a scratch. It’s sort of like that for me right now. Most of the quant trading guys I know are suffering losses so large they are hard to put into perspective, but I’m grinding away, comparatively untouched.

The thing is, sometimes markets go down for rational reasons, and sometimes they go down for irrational reasons. When the reasons are irrational, they will eventually go back up. And when they do, a lot of people are going to make a lot of money. I believe that to be the case this time, but in the meantime, I’ve got a bit more work to do than usual, and I’ve been using my time on the train to catch up on my sleep.

So while I will probably be back to complaining about this or that in a few days, today, all I can do is remember that things aren’t as bad as they could be. And with that thought in mind, I offer you the Brilliant “Buster Keaton” in a film with dozens of parallels to my current situation: “One Week”








No comments: