Wednesday, November 10, 2010

- Feds Stick Christie With The Bill...



The Feds have demanded repayment of all the funds it's supplied so far to the now canceled ARC tunnel project:

NJT must immediately repay all the Federal financial assistance expended for ARC under the (work agreement) which is currently estimated to be $271.091 million, plus reasonable interest and penalty charges that will be determined by FTA," regional administrator Brigid Hynes-Cherin wrote in the letter to James Weinstein, executive director of NJ Transit.


Since projects which involve as much union graft as this one have never been canceled in NJ before (at least not to my knowledge), I'd be interested to know if the Fed's have a legal leg to stand on. If they don't then I think the Governor should tell the Fed's to F-Off. He is the governor of NJ after all, and being plain spoken is what he's all about.

For myself, I'm less concerned about the cash and more annoyed with the glee that the media is demonstrating with the telling of this story. I guess you really can judge a man by the quality of his enemies.

No comments: