Friday, November 12, 2010

- I'd Bet They're Not In The Union



Here's one for all those people still complaining about Governor Christie shutting down that batch of union fat they called the ARC tunnel. My buddy Rob A. sent me this amazing story of a Chinese hotel that was built in just 6 days. That's right, it's not a typo. From hard foundation to hotel in a whole 6 days. Christian or no, I'd bet they rested on the 7th day.

Admittedly, it was a pre-fab building, but I still think it's awfully impressive. To be honest I have to admit that I'm not completely comfortable with ANYONE having to work that hard. But the companies in NJ that exploit the kind of construction work done under government contract couldn't even mark out the ground for a hotel in 6 days.

1 comment:

Eva said...

"Bet they're not in the union" -- my first impression too!