Wednesday, February 22, 2012

- Another Gay Marriage Protest


I think gay marriage is stupid. As I've said, sleep with who you like - so long as it's no one who lives under my roof, I couldn't care less. But don't command me to pretend that your relationship means more than it really does.

Marriage is about children, not sex or even love. Hopefully those things are a part of it too, but that's not the purpose of the institution. And it helps no one for a vocal minority to use the power of the state to make the majority pretend that sex means the same thing as parenting.

With all that said, this protest seems perfectly appropriate to me. The hairdresser in question has (in my opinion) an absolute right to refuse his services for any reason, including politics. He owes no one an apology for it. In fact, it's nice to see something like that, instead of death threats for a 14 year old girl.

No comments: