Thursday, February 2, 2012

- Putting The 'Duh' Back In Florida



The title above is how my oldest friend, a long time resident of Sarasota, originally described the whole 'hanging chad' Bush Vs Gore recount debacle. I'm reminded of it today because it turns out the Newt Gingrich has all the class of St. Al.

Newt Gingrich’s campaign says it will challenge Florida’s delegation to the GOP national convention, and at least one member of the Republican National Committee thinks it has cause.


Cause or no, this seems petty and pointless to me. I know it's not the same thing, I know this is an intra-party issue that will be settled without the courts and won't involve calls for partial (Democrat counties only) recounts and partisan bickering. But I think the protest makes Gingrich look horribly petty and small... just like Al did.

1 comment:

Hell_Is_Like_Newark said...

There are no words to describe the level of despair I have looking the crop of candidates running for the Republican nomination. It is the same feeling I had when Dole was nominated. Only now, the stakes are much higher. Obama makes me pine for the days of Clinton. I never thought that would be possible.

The only (small) hope I have is that the rumors of Paul Ryan being close to the Romney campaign turn out to be more than rumors. It would be nice to have someone with vision and brass balls putting forth policy. Then again, hoping for that might be on the same level as hoping for divine intervention.