Monday, August 27, 2012

- Concealed Carry Reciprocity In GOP Platform

If I'm not mistaken it was my esteemed co-editor Ikaika who told me I was nuts when I suggested that a "concealed carry reciprocity" act may actually be in the cards. I claimed that if they tried to make a big public stink of it before the election, then it's all probably for show. But if they wait until after the election, then it's a real thing and might actually get passed. Thanks to Western Democrats like Harry Reid who don't dare go anti-gun, I think the numbers will be there whether the GOP takes the Senate or not.

Well here you go. According to this site, "concealed carry reciprocity" (otherwise known as the only way anyone in NJ will every get a carry permit) is being incorporated into the GOP platform. If they pass it, NJ will have no choice but to begin issuing carry permits, or lose control of their permit process.

I'm going to go shopping for holsters tomorrow I think.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now now Mr. RFNJ... weren't you listening? The mayor (Bloomberg) told us we need to let the "Professionals" (NYPD) handle these sorts of things. There's no need for you to go all irate and attempt to do their job. The police are here to protect us, put down that holster.

LOL.

JD said...

Be still my throbbing heart. Just too good to be true.

Ikaika said...

Well call me crazy!
That effectively gives everyone the right to abort a violent felon, late term of course.

FYI, Crossbreed makes a great holster, IWB, and I'm still a galo OTW fan.

TimH said...

Plus 1 for CrossBreed. There are other perfectly good imitations but only Mark is the original and they're good people. No other design is half as comfortable.

Hell_Is_Like_Newark said...

Well, I could technically move back to Vermont. But they don't even require permits. I wonder how that would work out?

Hell_Is_Like_Newark said...

My wife's company was looking for new fashion ideas. Maybe they should come out with a comfortable and fashionable line of clothing, tailored to allowing better concealed carry.

Hell_Is_Like_Newark said...

Edit: My wife's employer

Tom said...

The trick is to continue to pay NJ taxes as if you were a full time resident. So long as you pay up, then NJ will not (really cannot) have an issue with you having another residence in another state. they will leave it up to your adoptive state to determine if you meet the requirements for residency, and since they're just issuing you a permit that they don't see as a big deal, they won't mind either.


Pick a state with no tax consequences (like Florida for instance, which will be my personal state of choice). Establish residence, apply for your perfectly legal carry permit, and then come on back to your 'secondary' residence in NJ under mandatory federal reciprocity.

No state will ever give you a hard time about the whole primary-secondary residence issue so long as you are paying your maximum taxes. Try to get away without paying however, and you will discover that according to NJ courts, you are a resident of NJ after all, and your permit is therefore invalid.


It's tyrannical, but it's NJ so we already knew that.






ikaika said...

If any of you caught John harwood this morning on CNBC, what you heard are the NEW IMPROVED DNC TALKING POINTS

I'll start a post

chess said...

Kiernan? took him apart on the wealth bs. You earn it vs marry it.