Friday, August 17, 2012

- UBS Models The Popular Vote

Drew Matus, chief economist from UBS, is sitting in Becky Quick's chair this AM. He just talked up the UBS 'popular vote' model where they try to forecast the presidential election popular vote based on the two factors of unemployment and the 10 year yield. According to their numbers, Romney will win the popular vote 51 to 48.

I know Drew very well. We've been friends for years. I like him a great deal and greatly respect his intelligence. I think if I had to offer a criticism I'd say he's usually a little too conservative, but it's an occupational hazard.

With all that said, I'd put more stock in his opinions, than most people's 'facts'.

1 comment:

Chess said...

Well apparently you caught the high point of the day cause now I just get another W bring back.
When the hell is Becky Quik coming back???
There is something I never thought Id say and ask for.Jesus