Friday, October 12, 2012

- If You Were Joe Biden...

... what would you have done?

Ryan is smarter and had a better grasp of the facts. Biden could never EVER hope to keep pace with him on the policy issues. Joe's strength is his amiability. He can get away with all sorts of things that would end other people's political careers.

So he fell back on that old reliable tactic so commonly used by liberal arguers like Chris Mathews. He focused on rudeness and never letting the other guy finish a sentence. If I were him it's probably what I would have done. That's how you defend the indefensible in a debate.

But it's not going to turn things around for Obama.

%%%%%%%%%%%%UPDATE%%%%%%%%%%%%

After perusing the comments out there on the web for both the left and the right, I think it can be fairly argued that Biden 'controlled' the evening, but it wasn't a clear ideological win for him. His antics were hailed by the "Hey Hey, Ho Ho" crowd as 'passion' and ridiculed by everyone else as disrespectful, condescending and buffoon like. I didn't actually see it so I can't say.

When I think about it, you can probably form a better opinion of that debate's downstream consequences by the fact that I didn't see it. It's not that I don't have any interest in the election, or that I'm a disengaged 'independent'. And yet, I still made other plans because I didn't think this would move the needle in any way no matter what happened.

But if Barry from the choom squad thinks he's be able to do this sort of thing to Mitt Romney, he's going to be in for a surprise. Romney isn't some wonky 42 year old tax guy, he's a leader of men. He's a decisive and experienced businessman who will eat Barry and his pink bicycle helmet for dinner.

Obama is the affirmative action president, who has probably never had a single person challenge his views in his entire life until that last debate. And 90 minutes was not long enough to get used to it. He has that notoriously thin skin, and massive ego which will certainly get bruised if he puts himself out there like Biden did.

What's worse - he doesn't REALLY have any idea what he's talking about on domestic policy. All he brings with him are the theories and experiments of academia, while Romney has a lifetime of actual practical experience. So Romney will be able to speak with far more authority than Obama and that authority will certainly come across.

And remember, all this is before we get to his foreign policy, which is at the moment sitting at the bottom of a great smoking hole in the middle east, with a black Al Queada flag flying over it. If Obama has to 'win' the next two debates to win the election, he's already as good as finished.

13 comments:

ikaika said...

You know it was bad last night when the CBS Poll says and I quote: "Biden did way better."

Way Better? Are we adults?

Tom said...

Not at CBS they aren't.

chess said...

It was pathetic...

Mitt needs to stay a steady course.Ryan did well because all of us would have "jacked" him on about the 15th interruption or smile...

Pathetic.

chess said...

Holy shit!!!!!!!!!! I just watched it. Thats a commercial. Freakin Fu..n Fantastic work....I knew getting Gillespie? on board and more active was good..Once again FFF.

"Are you laughing?",.

ikaika said...

I watched a bit of the Fox News post debate show with the Focus Group from Ohio.

common reaction among women - "Biden was Rude"
"If I liked Biden before, I don't like him now"
"Paul Ryan was courteous and respectful"

chess said...

MONTREAT, N.C. (AP) - Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney met Thursday with Rev. Billy Graham, and the aging evangelist pledged to do "all I can" to help the GOP nominee win the presidency.

Romney went to see Graham and his son, the Rev. Franklin Graham, at the elderly evangelist's mountaintop home in the mountains of western North Carolina.
Im glad this happened...I cant imagine how respectful Mitt was with Mr Graham
And When even Tom Brokaw calls out Biden's hysteria, you know Ryan won

chess said...

He is toast...
Last night Joey was a trail balloon or goldilocks. BHO came out and was too cold so they tell Joe to be aggressive(aka too hot).. Both failed so now BHO has only 2 to choose from. He cant go too cold cause that failed. He now has to be "too hot" or find the middle. Neither will work for him.
The bears are coming home and they aint happy.

JimInTx said...

I missed the first 20 minutes or so, then watched the remainder with my wife.

My view: Biden "controlled" the debate the same way Chris Matthews "controls" interviews, which is ineffective if measured by ratings. Living in Texas I am of course a knuckle-dragging bible-thumpin' gun bunny, so my opinion on any subject is suspect. Over to the wife.

Wife's view: "Creepy". And "What's wrong with Biden?". And "Does Biden think Gore's debate tactics actually worked?"

I think that the Dems will continue to lose the women folk based on Biden's performance. And I also think that Romney will be the same next time as last, and Obama will look at the camera more but otherwise be the same. But it doesn't matter anymore.

Tom said...

Very close to my own view Jim. Thx

ikaika said...

I expect Obama to dip a toe into the impolite waters, possibly ressurecting his Medicine Show public address style: "Now Folks! These guys over here don't want you to drink our Goat Urine Elixir because they don't have a Goat Urine Elixir of their own!"

That's Rockstar Obama - reminds me of that Howard Stern Audio of Paul Stanley from Kiss dropping his stage persona and verbally abusing an audience member in his Lawn-Guy-Land "nawrmal" voice and then immediately reverting back to the "stage voice" once it was done... haha

Romney will continue to take the high road. Killing with kindness.

chess said...

Pew from last night has Joey at 36% favorable and 51% unfav....
BHO sees the Hindenburg Joey crashing and burning..Oh dear God the inhumanity.
Ladies come on over to Mitt.

chess said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKMuVFz3MOQ

This clip makes me think of Joe in college...especially at 35 seconds and 1 min.. I swear I saw Biden do what Bluto does at the 1 min.

chess said...

BHO was humming this after the debate last night


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy1FBKBrtRg