Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Spy in the Machine


Google handed over more user data to the US government in the first six months of this year than to all other countries combined.

Well, my hard drive crashed this summer, when I asked whether the DOJ asserted executive privilege because Lanny Breuer was deep in the cheese. After several of those posts, when my hard drive should be at rest, it began to spin furiously. Now I am talking about the Google Purge. I might just have to accept it, if somebody told me I am now officially part of the tin foil hat brigades.

But now that we can see how The Elite that Knows Me uses data, I have to wonder, what do they have on me? If all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be is recorded somewhere, and can be accessed and researched by a government intent on increasing power by selling their services to me, how do I holon to my humanity?

5 comments:

chess said...

Frith ...You actually are living "The Truman Show".

Hell_Is_Like_Newark said...

Maybe i should use Ask Jeeves for all my future web searches?

ikaika said...

Breaking News: Obama gathers leading CEO's in conference room.... bolts door and sets room ablaze!

frithguild said...

Just prior to the blaze, one of the CEO's was heard shouting, "Holon thar!" This administration has certainly monads.

ikaika said...

I like Heckler & Koch's motto:

No Compromise