Monday, December 24, 2012

- David Gregory: Firearms Criminal

I love this story, because it's symptomatic of the very problem that guys like David Gregory are trying to cause. I say cause because they are championing it, and if they get their way we'll have more of a problem not less.

The liberal media like David Gregory are absolutely desperate to pass a new law (one which is the same as the old law that didn't actually work) that will punish the law abiding in order to try to prevent criminals from breaking the law with guns. But if we're going to be prosecuting people because of a new rash of vague and arbitrary gun laws which are added on to the old ones, then David Gregory will have to be first in line.

It was against the law for him to be in possession of a 30 round magazine which he waved for effect at NRA president Wayne LaPierre. The photo above demonstrates his law breaking on nationwide TV. According to the fans of gun bans, what he did is legally the same as if he were waving around a loaded gun.

The press will say, "No no no... that's different, David Gregory obviously wasn't threatening to anyone!" And to that, me and my law abiding brethren in the firearms community say "EXACTLY! Neither are we! If it's good enough for David Gregory, then why isn't it good enough for us?!"

I don't honestly think David Gregory should go to prison, I think the law should be rewritten to punish criminals and people who are an actual danger to the public, not free citizens exercising their rights. But if you're coming for my legally purchased perfectly safe personal property, then I want to see Gregory in the holding cell with me. (And with him, I want to see the producer who got the thing for him, and whoever it was who bought it and transported it into DC in the first place.) They shouldn't be allowed to slip the noose just because of being members of the press.

10 comments:

ikaika said...

Citizens Arrest!

frithguild said...

During the interview, LaPierre pulls out his cell and dials 9-11. To the dispatcher, "I am sitting across the table from somebody who is holding an illegal assault weapon."

Good TV?

Tom said...

I own an AR15 and a WASR10 which most would recognize as an AK47, both of which were purchased while resident in an AWB state.

And David Gregory has now broken more firearm laws than I have.

And in the meantime, he's championing the cause of making me into a criminal. Go figure.

Tom said...

I own an AR15 and a WASR10 which most would recognize as an AK47, both of which were purchased while resident in an AWB state.

And David Gregory has now broken more firearm laws than I have.

And in the meantime, he's championing the cause of making me into a criminal. Go figure.

frithguild said...

"D.C. police investigate whether NBC's David Gregory broke city laws when he displayed a magazine clip on live broadcast"

Whatsa magazine clip? He displayed an, "assault weapon."

frithguild said...

I signed the petition! "WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO:
Press charges against David Gregory for possession of a 30-round, high capacity assault rifle magazine in Washington D.C"

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/press-charges-against-david-gregory-possession-30-round-high-capacity-assault-rifle-magazine/gMNRPpPl

frith g
Ocean Grove, NJ
December 25, 2012
Signature # 5,953

A.K.A. Damo Mackerel said...

I find it very strange that people here who are complaining about gun control, are taking great pleasure is someone breaking a silly gun control law.

The man should not be prosecuted. He was a threat to no one.

Tom said...

Neither are the 200 million other law abiding citizens who have to tiptoe around this stupid law. I have no problem with letting Gregory off the hook if you're willing to let everyone else off the hook too.

But in NJ, we take firearms law very seriously or else. We are as cavalier as Gregory only at our own peril. All I want is to see everyone judged by the same standard. It's a silly little concept that we call "equality under the law".

Antiquated I know, but I'm a fan of such quaint ideas.

A.K.A. Damo Mackerel said...

Tom I agree that the other 200 million citizens shouldn't have the deal with this law.

But my point still stands.

In Ireland when they brought in the smoking ban, a lot of my pro smoking friends were furious. But they took great relish when the government brought in more draconian laws to ban people from walking their dogs on the beach or excercising their horses,

And don't even talk to me about all the new rules and regulations when it comes to driving.

It's like, well I can't smoke in a pub so people shouldn't be allowed to do other things either.

No, that is the wrong attitude to take. I think, the best thing that the pro gun folk and NRA could do is row in behind Mr Gregroy. That will show the anti gun lobby up for what they are.

Tom said...

What the anti-gun lobby is has been evident for a long time.

People in the liberal media think the law shouldn't apply to them, but it should.

If it's a bad law then we should get rid of the law for everyone. But if someone who isn't part of the elite is prosecuted for it (and MANY have been) then David Gregory should be too. It's not about his intent. and he shouldn't get off the hook because he's famous.

It has nothing to do with the second amendment.