Thursday, January 3, 2013

- Here's It Is... The End Has Arrived

In reference to the Illinois Gun Ban bill that was rushed through the state legislature to avoid letting the Sandy Hook crisis go to waste:

“There would be no exemptions and no grandfathering,” the group stated in its alert. “You would have a very short window to turn in your guns to the state police and avoid prosecution.”

If a preponderance of citizens allow the government to forcibly disarm them, then I'm ready to call this experiment in self government finished and failed.

I'm not criminal. But I'd rather be a criminal than a serf to a government like that.

%%%%%%%%%%%%UPDATE%%%%%%%%%%%%

The scariest thing about all this is that the fiscal end is out there too. People are not going to get what they were promised by the government, and in the case of poor people that will absolutely mean civil strife. There will be small scale rioting in many areas. And if the law abiding population is disarmed, they will have no way to defend themselves.

5 comments:

Bzod said...

I think the "solution" goes beyond guns, gold and ammo. Have started to explore potential non-US residency. Per your previous posts on the topic, not an easy trade.

Hell_Is_Like_Newark said...

There will be small scale rioting in many areas. And if the law abiding population is disarmed, they will have no way to defend themselves.

All the more reason to get my butt down to the pistol range. I have one in Bayonne, but it is only open on weekday evenings. The ANJRPC Cherry Ridge range is just too much of a haul for me.

Next week I am going apply for a new pistol purchase permit. I plan to pick up something in .22cal rimfire.. something inexpensive to practice with. I haven't shot in so long I probably can't hit the side of a house.

Hell_Is_Like_Newark said...

Bzod: If the USA goes, I don't know a place on earth that will be safe.

Tom said...

The only trade I'd make is to be more than a 45 minute walk from the nearest mass transit station. I don't mean a bus stop, I mean something where a group of people might collect.

When the first checks bounce the uproar won't be everywhere at once. But that won't matter much to you if your building is set on fire.

chess said...

And that gentle breeze blowing is getting to be an idiot wind.. But that doesnt surprise me. The big thing with the Ill. crap is when you register theyl let you keep your firearm(shotgun etc) but just imagine the tax receipts yearly. Just like your auto. Ka-ching.