Thursday, February 21, 2013

- The NRA and Fundraising

I got another request for funds from the NRA today. I'm a proud lifetime member of the NRA. It's the only political organization I belong to because it's the only one in my opinion, that unambiguously supports giving political power to me - the individual citizen.

But I have to confess, I'm a little peeved that they keep asking me for money. The fact is, they are there when I need them on the national battle, but when it comes to the local battle, where my rights are most seriously infringed, they are a consistent no show. I find that disappointing.

I've read Sun-Tsu. I know they are doing the right thing by not wasting resources where they are unlikely to win. But I don't think putting my money to work protecting the rights of the good people of Texas and Tennessee is the best use it could be put to.

Just sayin.

2 comments:

Hell_Is_Like_Newark said...

Tom,

Back when I was much more active on the gun front (20 years ago), it was my impression that the local fights were taken up by the state NRA affiliate, the ANJRPC.

They helped me get my permits when the police chief of Hoboken was refusing to sign ANY permit application from people he didn't know personally.

Anonymous said...

I'm a member, I contribute & I hit the "round up" button when I check out at Midway. I know the mailings get annoying and they could save money by not sending them out so frequently but considering what's on the line, I deal with it.