Wednesday, February 27, 2013

- A Word On Spam For Regular Readers

Guys,

Normally blogger is pretty good about automatically removing Spam. But as we've seen, they've gotten a little behind the curve on the whole dumpster rental issue. If this keeps up, I'm going to have to turn comment moderation on for a while.

This will mean that when you submit your comments (which I hope you will continue to do) they will be posting to a staging area until I approve them. I can count on one hand every time I've deleted a comment - even one I disagree with, and that won't be the intention here. It's just that approving real comments will be considerably less work than deleting all the spam.

Hopefully Blogger will figure out what they're missing, and the spam level will reduce. If it does, I'll reset comment moderation back to what it is now - where stories are open to comments for 5 days after posting. But if this keeps up, then I'm afraid I'll have no choice but to act on it.

I'll let you know when it comes to that.

Thanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel compelled to apologize for the number of times I submit anonymously. I love your blog, but I comment using a "semi-smart" phone, and anything other than Anonymousn is a P.I.T.A. I'm sorry! But I learn a LOT from reading your blog. Move to South Carolina! We've got freer gun laws than the Garden State! (And ssunnier Januaries!)

Tom said...

Anonymous isn't a problem. A real comment is a real comment.