Monday, March 11, 2013

- And So End's Paul Ryan's Rise

You might think that with Republicans in control of the US House of Representatives there would be no way ANY gun control legislation could reach the floor.

But sadly we are already beginning to see so-called “conservative champions” folding to pressure from the anti-gun media to sell-out gun owners.

Former Vice Presidential candidate, Congressman Paul Ryan, has stated that he would support legislation that bans private sales at gun shows.

I like Ryan, but any Republican that turns his back on the second amendment has gotten his last bit of support from me. At the end of the day I'm a single issue voter.

Now I'm going to have to keep a list of turncoat congressmen, and send all that money to out of state campaigns etc.

8 comments:

JD said...

I love to hear how resolves this position with Shall Not Be Infringed.

jburtonpdx said...

ok, he's done... next?

Ikaika said...

Yeesh...

Hell_Is_Like_Newark said...

Ryan may backtrack next week after a tsunami of pro-2nd Amendment types flood his office with phone, email, faxes, piles of horse shit dumped in front of his office, etc...

Henry Bowman said...

Ryan was the vice-presidential choice of a RINO who actually SIGNED "assault weapon" legislation as governor of Massachusetts. So what exactly were your hopes for him, again?

Tom said...

Henry, I get that you're on my side here, but I think it would serve you well to recognize that people do things in politics for all sorts of reasons, and politicians do change their minds about things.

Dr. Friedman used to talk about how the only way to fix America was to make it so that the wrong people in government would do the right things because they saw it as being in their interests to. Doing what they perceive as being in their interest is really all we can expect from anyone in office.

What you're advocating is the 'pure loser' philosophy, and that's now how I think at all.




chess said...

Sadly I have to pat myself on the back for my call on how the game had shifted... That I said there would be gun control after the slaughter tells ou how far off course I thought this country was heading.
I could hope a judge would shoot down this crap but I doubt it. At least one had the balls to bang Bloomberg soda bs. But that is soda not guns..
Now i will have to bury my guns on the hillside with the gold bars that they will also want... When Cnanda warms up im headin north eh?

chess said...

Sadly I have to pat myself on the back for my call on how the game had shifted... That I said there would be gun control after the slaughter tells ou how far off course I thought this country was heading.
I could hope a judge would shoot down this crap but I doubt it. At least one had the balls to bang Bloomberg soda bs. But that is soda not guns..
Now i will have to bury my guns on the hillside with the gold bars that they will also want... When Cnanda warms up im headin north eh?