Wednesday, June 15, 2016

- The Terrorist WatchList & Gun Rights

I'm prepared to sanction removing second amendment rights of anyone put on the Terrorist Watchlist, so long as we get rid of a few other rights as well. Let's start with the 1st,4th,5th,6th,8th amendments. To be clear they enumerate the following rights that will then be denied anyone on the terrorist watchlist:

1. No free speech, assembly, press, or petitioning government for grievance rights.
4. No prohibition of search and seizure or requirement of probable cause.
5. No due process, self-incrimination protections.
6. No speedy trial, right to counsel, or right to confront accusers.
7. No protection from excessive fines or bail.

So long as we suspend these rights along with second amendment rights, I'm OK with it. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to start putting my list together. What list you ask? My list of people who I heard praising Allah and pledging the destruction of America. For starters it will include:

1. The NYTimes/WashPost/NY Daily News Editorial Boards.
2. The Producers of NBC/CBS/CNN/ABC/MSNBC News programs.
3. The Chuck Schumer disclosed donors list.
4. Lena Dunham.
5. The Executive Members of the AFL-CIO board.
6. Andrew Ross Sorkin.
7. Bono.
8. John Oliver.
9. The members of BLM.
10. Anyone else who's politics I don't particularly care for. (Alec Baldwin lives next door to my girlfriend, so he might make the list eventually too).

If we're going to do away with rule of law and due process, let's not hold back with just guns. Let's go whole hog. I'll be calling the FBI and telling them that I heard each and every one of these people talking to a bunch of angry young Arab looking guys, and heard them specifically say "OK Muhammad, I'll distract the guards and you plant the explosives in the checked baggage. That should teach those imperialist bastards!"

If it only works for Lena Dunham, then it will all be worth it.

2 comments:

Hell_Is_Like_Newark said...

DOJ says people on watch list shall be banned from purchasing firearms.

Say 'goodbye' to due process....

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jun/16/doj-overrules-fbi-gun-sales-debate/

Tom said...

That's not 'precisely' what the article says, but with media tensions so high, I'd expect them to stretch the truth a bit more than usual.