Friday, October 28, 2016

- What Corruption Looks Like

So the FBI investigation of Hillary has been reopened. But the thing that bothers me most about the Clinton email investigation isn’t what it tells us about the Clintons. No secrets there. The upsetting thing for me is how it shows the deep level of corrupt present in our public institutions. The Justice Department is a joke and the FBI is in the can for the Democrats. And if they won’t apply one law fairly to all citizens, then what’s to keep Barney fife and the Chicago police department from doing the same?

A few years ago, someone I know was accidentally busted as part of a drug sting that they had nothing to do with. They happened to be parking their car out in front of a home in queens when the event occurred, and the cops assumed they were there to buy drugs. They arrested my friend, and just to be on the safe side, planted an 8 ball of cocaine and a 22 caliber gun in his car as well. I think the threat of serious penalties were designed to get him talking. The charges were eventually dropped and the whole thing pushed under the rug, but this is how drug cops work in NY.

That’s the kind of thing that happens when the people enforcing the law don’t care about equality under the law. It’s not the race riot of the month club at the DOJ I fear, or that Bill Clinton will be molesting teenagers in the Lincoln bedroom while John Podesta tries to sell ‘access’ to the Secretary of Agriculture. I’m afraid that if you say the wrong thing to the wrong person, you end up in a dark place with trumped up charges against you. Nero may have fiddled while Rome burned, but no one complained about the music or they ended up dead. Same thing.

I appreciate that there is plenty of corruption in the private sector as well. I’ve seen people who had no business being in their jobs, and I’ve watched incompetent people do their best to blame their own failures on the actions of others. It happens. But at the end of the day the private sector has a way that reality will crowd it’s way in. There must be profit. And few companies are so successful that they can handle much in the way of incompetence at a high level.

But in public institutions, there really isn’t any check. We don’t even produce an annual federal budget anymore. So what possible incentives do the people in the public sector have for doing their jobs fairly and effectively? And with the decision to let Hillary off the hook for what was obviously political reasons, what the FBI was actually saying was that we’ve crossed the Rubicon of sorts. That even enforcement of the law will be dictated by the politician who wins. Politics will trump the law.

That was really the last public bulkwork we had to prevent us from becoming a banana republic. Without rule of law universally applied, nothing separates us from the kind of latin American dictatorial regimes that we’ve started to resemble with the import of their citizens.

I don’t know if this is enough to tip the scales in the election. That the media, academia, and the entire public sector is universally in the can for Clinton makes a story like this less important. People have to work awfully hard to find out what’s really going on in America anymore. And I don’t think most people bother. I don’t know. We’ll see. But in my mind when I vote against Clinton, I’m voting against all this obvious public corruption as well.

%%%%%%%%%%%UPDATE%%%%%%%%%%%

I can't think of a public figure I despised more than Anthony Weiner. Even Al Sharpton seemed measured and civil in comparison. He was the ultimate obnoxious left wing tool, and it was deeply fitting that his career went up in smoke when his private habits were exposed. I don't always cheer for that sort of thing. I prefer to separate the public and the private where public officials are concerned. But Wiener was a truly spectacular asshole, with truly awful personal ... hobbies. I have very little sympathy for addicts or pedophiles. I don't mean the guy who believed her when she said she was 18, I mean the guy who knew how young she was and it turned him on. That was Wiener.

The NYTimes is now reporting that it was the investigation into Weiner's sexting which revealed the additional emails that have warranted reopening the investigation into Hillary Clinton. Apparently some of Huma's emails were on the devices. Everything I'm reading seems to indicate that for Comey to jump back into this 11 days before the election, there must be something really egregious involved. Given how bad the stuff we've seen has been, this is mind blowing. I quite literally can't imagine what it is.

Meanwhile the media is circling the wagons and preparing for the onslaught from the deplorables. It's going to be one hell of an 11 days.

%%%%%%%%%%%UPDATE II %%%%%%%%%%%

HUMAABEDIN@YAHOO.COM. Suppose the 'deleted emails' were really incriminating. And they deleted the outbound messages from Hillary's server, along with the locally stored responses. But Huma forgot, in that deeply sophisticated Democratic way, to delete them from her email in the yahoo cloud.

I'm cooking dinner tonight for some guests. Roast duck, roasted brussel sprouts, and mashed spuds with carmelized onions. But after that the rest of my weekend will involve little but making popcorn and hitting the refresh key.

5 comments:

Muzzlethemuz said...

Weiner's weiner strikes again.

Muzzlethemuz said...

I watch CNN solely to track the sheep. It has been fascinating to watch the story break this morning and then about mid-day, CNN replaced the October surprise with some superfluous, full CAPITALs/screaming headline about the SCOTUS review of a transgender case, somewhere (we care?), only to be replaced (begrudgingly, I'm sure) hours later with Weiner's weiner. CNN must be gritting its teeth. Yes, pass the popcorn please.

chess said...

She did exactly what she needed to do yesterday with a quick press conference. She knows as we do that the FBI probably wont and cant release anything. So she says oh poor me I am being attacked and I dont know about what. So she demands release knowing they wont and she will look the victim. She will say I haven't done anything wrong because if I had would I be wanting to hear it right now? Would't I want to wait till after the election.
Even if something leaks out from FBI and it is major it will still be passed off as rumors or hearsay.Her camp is good.In fact they are great.Every stop for her till election will start off I am begging to hear what I am being accuses of.I deserve that right and her followers will eat it up Huuuuge.
Hers to lose and she won't. She will be your next president.

Hell_Is_Like_Newark said...


Stefan Molyneux on why people are STILL voting for Hillary:

https://youtu.be/UG1pItpyWBY

Stephen Paul Foster said...

Weiner is a low-life, but worse that John Edwards or Ted Kennedy"

See: http://fosterspeak.blogspot.com/2012/05/greed-versus-arrogance.html