Saturday, November 26, 2016

- A Comment On The Brave Browser

I'm a multi-browser guy. I have one which I use blockers and turn off Javascript for everyday use. It takes some doing, but you can configure it to eventually disable those page hijacking movies that start playing the minute you click on the page. But when you go to all that trouble, it makes it damned difficult to get to something like a youtube channel.

My solution is to have a second, fully enabled browser. If I get a link to something I want to see, three clicks, and I've got my volume turned down, and the page running, in the second, fully functional browser. It may seem inelegant, but it takes so much to turn off all the auto-run stuff, I find it easier. I plan on sticking with this strategy, but I think I'm going to change my default browser to "Brave".

Brave is a new broswer that the newspapers and other publications despise. that alone would be enough to go for it in my view, but the phone based version of it is considerably faster than any other browser available on my iphone6. I say this from personal experience. It's blistering.

So even if you don't agree with my view on the traditional media and would love it simply because they hate it, it's blinding speed should do it for you. I was so impressed I decided to go to the trouble of mentioning it here.

By all means try it for yourself. I think you'll be impressed.

No comments: