Friday, December 2, 2016

- Meanwhile In Real Life

For those of you following the exploits of our old friend R.P. (ex of Boston), Mrs. P sent me a text earlier to let us all know that he he's out of surgery (minus a donated kidney) and is doing just fine. I expect more than a few of you have gotten texts as well. All our best goes out to R, Mrs. P, the little P.'s and Mr. P Senior, who has his own drama to cope with.

My own exercise in anatomy donation is beginning tomorrow evening, immediately after I return from teaching the Pheasants of Hamburg PA, that the east coast isn't big enough for the both of us. A few regulars will be in attendance as well, but as they can't shoot - I expect to be doing all the actual killing myself.

My brother has checked into the hospital already and has begun the intense chemical process required in order to make room in his body for parts of mine. He's already bored. He's insisted that I both facetime and record my injections so he can watch them after the fact. I'm happy to do it if it keeps his spirits up.

Those are my weekend plans. Then the hospital early next week. I'm not sure how much you'll hear from me in the meantime.

No comments: