Friday, February 24, 2017

- Let's Talk About The Jews

I go on and on about fallacious accusations of Racism and Sexism by the left and recently complained about Jonah Goldberg's and NAtional Review's water carrying for them. But if there is a topic among our soft spoken "allies" on the right that's even more out of bounds than those, it's Anti-Semistism. So why can't we talk about it?

The thinkers of the Alt-Right stay away from "The Jewish Question" more often than not, because those that tread this dangerous ground seem to mysteriously have their careers in media explode. But why can't we have a serious discussion about the role of Jews in American society? What's so special about them that their contributions as a group can't be discussed politely, and with an eye toward facts rather than emotion?

I've lived and worked surrounded by Jews all my life. I think I understand them as well as any non-Jew could. I've been proud to call a great many of them my friends, in several cases, my closest friends. They have been my most fair employers, my most trusted employees, and as a kid, in a story that means something to my family, I have been subjected to and delivered actual physical violence on their behalf. So why can't we have this conversation?

If you haven't guessed, I'd come down on the pro-Jew side, though not without recognizing the differences in Jewish culture and how it deviates from my own Anglo-Norman Irish traditions. But that doesn't change the fact that I find it very off putting that it isn't a suitable subject for reasoned discussion.

Seriously guys - I'd like to hear your views on this. I'm happy to talk about the contribution of my people. So why can't we talk about the Jews?

%%%%%%%SMALL UPDATE%%%%%%%%

If it wasn't perfectly clear, I think I know how an honest debate of the net net of civilized contribution will play out regarding "The Jews" and I'd like to hear it. How about a debate between David Duke and Dennis Prager? Mr. Prager like the kind of guy who has the self confidence to get on that stage.

No comments: