Sunday, March 5, 2017

- A New Universe Every Day

Every morning when I wake up, I feel like I arise in an entirely new Universe. In this one, the hardest hitting journalist in the country is Sean Hannity, and Donald Trump is the President.

Don't get me wrong, I like Hannity. He's an Irish hyphen from a blue collar background and though I've never met him, I have to believe he and I would both feel some tribal affinity. But as far as his 'journalism' goes, he has always been an unapologetically partisan generator of opinion, not news. And to quote my brother's excellent description of his daily output, he's always seemed "a mile wide and inch deep'.

But in today's new universe, he is a hard hitting and objective journalist asking the objective questions the rest of the media refuses to ask. And that media are a bunch of lazy, spineless, hopelessly partisan shills for the Democrat party, who would rather watch the greatest nation in human history burn to the ground than admit they were wrong.

At least that latter part is the same as yesterday. I guess I can cling to that to get my bearings, since I can't imagine a universe in which that changes as well.

No comments: