Monday, March 27, 2017

- Why I'm Not Around Much Right Now

Yes, I've been remiss. I haven't been writing, or posting, or doing much of anything here on the blog. Sorry about that. My hands have been full on another project. I'm working on a startup, which has the potential to solve 'fake news'. I bounced it off an investment banker friend of mine, and he flipped over it. So we're both frantically working away to put together a working prototype and business plan for investor consumption.

I've been as close as you can get to a professional consumer of news for a very long time. So it's in my domain - sort of. I'm not ready to discuss the details yet, but I think it can be very (potentially VERY VERY) big. And though it's not ready for presentation yet, the single threaded engine that we'll be using to demonstrate the basics, produced its first output today. I've committed to having it ready by Friday, so I'm on schedule.

I've had a lot of bad ideas in my life, and so far anyway, only one very good one. But everyone I've spoken to about this seems pretty stoked about it. And I have to confess, I am too. After a decade of 'managed failure' I haven't been this excited about anything in a very long time.

Anyway, it's gonna be another couple of weeks before I have any real time to spout opinions again. And it might be even longer if things go well. But in the meantime, I thought I'd explain my absence and beg your indulgence for just a little while, while I do my best to cobble together an economic future for myself, from the wreckage of my post divorce life.

2 comments:

MikeCLT said...

Good luck with your new endeavor. I hope it succeeds bigly!

Weekend Yachtsman said...

It'll solve fake news?

You mean it will automatically delete anything the government doesn't agree with?

Wow, pretty good!

/sarc