Tuesday, May 9, 2017

- Blade Runner 2049 Trailer

Personally I like the look of it, in spite of the Neo-Marxist philosophical tones. Just imagine how great it would be if Hollywood didn't use it to imply that we're all racist, imperialist, capitalist, sexist, genderist, haters who are full of hate.

But if they want to take their cultural credibility out in the yard and set it on fire, there's really no one to stop them. Far be it for me to judge (insert meaningful wink to be explained later.)

Is Ryan Gosling a good choice to revamp the role originally played by Harrison Ford? Got me. I liked him in many of his roles, even if I think he's overly praised for others. He sure looks good in it though. He's pretty much what I would imagine for a 'next generation' revamp of the sci-fi classic. And unless Hollywood turns out to be even dumber and heavy handed than they usually are in their desire to preach to us all, I'm definitely going to see it.

No comments: