Tuesday, May 9, 2017

- Why We Can't Have Nice Things

In response to the relative civility and more or less total resignation of the right while Obama rebuilt the judiciary in his far left academic image, Chuck Schumer had this to say about Trumps proposed candidates:

“It seems that the President is intent on continuing to outsource the judicial selection process to hard right, special interest groups rather than consulting with Senators on a bipartisan basis,”

OK. It's just words. I get it. Chuckie is entitled. But goddamn it. Why the hell can't the right fight like that? Why does the Republican genus of polito-critter always submit?

I don't blame Chuck Schumer for doing his thing. He's a Democrat, so it's what I expect. But I feel so betrayed by the lame, pathetic losers on our side that simply lay down in response to it. If I were in the Senate I'd be censured constantly and probably impeached inevitably, because one more quote from Chuck like that and I go at him with the broken off handrail from one of the gallery benches, while I screamed bloody murder at him. I might not be the most respected member of congress, but you had better believe I'd make sure the opposition was scared to death of me.

"You wanna blue slip our candidate Senator?" I'd scream? "How about you try it and I'll beat you till bloody and throw your unconscious body in the Potomac? How do you like that plan Senator?" I'd be like Randy Quaid playing the lawyer Peter Blunt in Caddy Shack 2. Just imagine this in the Senate Chamber:

I'd be more than happy to fill the role of hockey enforcer. And nothing would make me happier than to have to settle out of court with a man of the quality of Harry Reid, for knocking out an incisor or two with the crown of my forehead. It would be well worth it just to see horrified looks on the faces of the sad meek little puppies we call the Republican Caucus.

Why the hell are our guys all such utterly whipped dogs? Isn't there any fight left in anyone in Washington who isn't trying to dismantle America?

1 comment:

ikaika said...

Tom for Senate!