Wednesday, July 12, 2017

- The Virtue of Self Control

Ace has a really entertaining post about Shia Leboeuf being hailed as a Hero for saving a child from a bear. Go to the link. It's worth a yuk.

Now don't get me wrong I've had my less than completely sober moments, and done a whole host of stupid things. But as far back as I can remember 'act straight' was a mantra with my compatriots of youthful indiscretion whenever a cop showed up. We could be yeehaw'ing away as wild as anyone, but the second someone spotted a cop, you'd easily mistake us for the Vienna Boys Choir.

Good Times.

It looks to me like Shia never learned that lesson. What's more, though I've only been to Georgia a few times, I don't think it's the custom there that tacking a 'sir' on the back of a bellowed "Go f*ck yourself...sir" makes it all OK. Maybe things have changed recently. I haven't really kept up with my friends like I should.

The simple fact is, the cops don't really ever wanna hear your shit. Ever. And the more wild and erratic you are, the less they want to hear it. I always thought this was common knowledge but it is apparently one of the many messages Shia never got. What they want is to control the situation, figure out what's going on, and get home at the end of their shift without getting hurt, or having to hurt anyone else. But make them choose between those two and you should expect the latter.

So I expect Shia is off to rehab again. I wonder how long it will be before the 4chan boys figure out where and paper his windows with Pepe the Frog posters while he sleeps.

No comments: