Tuesday, August 1, 2017

- On Living Legends

I'm sorry, I don't care how politically correct she gets, I'm watching Carol Burnett.

Yes, she's a Hollywood fixture, dare I say a living legend. Yes, some of the comedy she did was horribly dated, and probably doesn't have the same impact on the younger generation that it does on people like me... of a certain age. But her show from back in the Mesozoic era of Television was a constant source of hysterical delight in my childhood household. At the time she seemed, gracious, comparatively modest, and accessible to the common man. She may have been a horrible prima-donna, I have no idea. But she never ever seemed like it.

And I'll tell you what, the old girl still looks pretty good for a woman her age. She's no sex symbol, nor should she be at her age. And yes, she's clearly had some work done and dyes her hair. And I don't care.

No comments: